Monday, August 29, 2011

Printing on Burlap

Last week, I talked about some of the trends we are currently seeing at weddings. One of those trends is Burlap, it is huge right now so, I thought I would share a different way to use it at your wedding or event. One of the ways it can be used is as an invitation. Print on it and put it in a vintage looking envelope. Here are some instructions on how to print on the burlap. This is for a laundry sign but, the same applies for anything else.

{1st Step}
I created my “laundry” verbiage in Photoshop elements, but you could use any word processing program.   I made it 8 1/2” x 11”, so that it would run through my printer as a standard piece of paper.  I went to an online dictionary to find the definition I used. 
{2nd Step}
Iron the burlap.
I had a piece of scrap burlap that worked perfectly for this project.  You want your fabric nice and smooth for the printing.
{3rd Step}
Place your freezer paper on top of your ironed burlap with the shiny side down (touching the  burlap).  Run a medium, dry iron on top of the freezer paper and it will magically adhere to your burlap.
{4th Step}
Cut your burlap/freezer paper into your 8 1/2” x 11” size.
{5th Step}
Run your burlap/freezer paper through your printer.
{6th Step}
Peel off the freezer paper….
and you have this amazing printed burlap!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment